|This website is not longer active. Visit www.wallerisd.net to be redirected.|
Fields Store Elementary
2000 – In December 2000, Waller ISD voters passed a $ 17,150,000 bond issue that included the construction of an elementary school in the Fields Store community.
1991 – In 1991, the old Fields Store School building was restored and established as the Fields Store Community Center. (The structure burned in April 2001.)
1953 – In 1953, the Fields Store School was the last school consolidated into the Waller Independent School District.
1935-1936 – The Fields Store School (now officially Common School # 19) had a total enrollment of 136 students (122 white/14 black) in the 1935-36 school year. Of these 136 students, 69 were elementary students taught by two teachers at the Fields Store School and 67 were high school students bused to schools in Waller. By that time, the Field Store School had two school buses.
1933-1934 – The busing of Fields Store School high school students to Waller began in the 1933-34 school year. That same year, Laneview School consolidated with Sam Schwartz School in Hempstead.
1924 – In 1924, three teachers were employed to teach the 64 students enrolled in the Fields Store School. By this time, additions to the school building included one or two more rooms and a covered porch that extended across the front of the school and connected the two wings of the U-shaped structure.
1922 – In 1922, the Fields Store District consolidated with the Myrtle Grove District and four teachers were employed to teach grades 1-10. The first Fields Store school bus was also purchased in 1922.
1913 – In 1913, a new schoolhouse was constructed at the intersection of FM 1488 and 362N near New Hope Cemetery on land that was donated by Mr. and Mrs. C.H. Harris.
1905 – Four teachers taught the 179 students that were enrolled in the Fields Store School in 1905.
1891-1921 – From 1891-1921, black children in the Fields Store area attended the Lawrence Key School on FM 1736. The Key School later consolidated with Laneview School on Laneview Road.
1888 – In 1888, one acre of land near the home of a Mr. Shaw was donated for a school building and a one-room structure was erected during the summer months. A six-month school term opened in October.
1887 – In 1887, the first school in the Fields Store area was authorized as Waller County School District # 2.
1845 – As early as 1845, a church, and likely a school, was located in the area that would later become Fields Store. (The community became known as Field’s Store after D. H. Fields purchased land in the area in 1866).